Powered By Blogger

Surrealist Doodle

Surrealist Doodle
This was used as the cover of Karawane in 2006 and I have included it in on a number of bags and postcards over the years. Someone on the subway asked me if it was a Miro. I was very flattered!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

you and the world

The longer we're together (I'm with you)
the harder it is to say goodbye
the lingering imprints of your hands
fingers (fingertips)
vibration lingers on my lips
Today a woman assassinated
Benazir Bhutto is dead
and I feel my vulnerable woman's parts
more than ever
what it is in me that longs for all things
that wants more of you than I can take (handle)
I feel how easily all is
corrupted
and the world
I am jolted from forced
back inside
into hiding perhaps in my
self or outside an exile
perhaps I
move slowly my heart
is (beats) ir
reg u lar(ly) perhaps a bubble
all things already
said in these moments uncertain wordless without courage
My stare steady silent perhaps
vacant but not blank
inside it's you only
I see feel phantom fingertips left
yesterday six months past september summer
there was power
hope -----inadequate-----magic half
conjurations a spell in my hand
an imperfect sister is dead
and I want
to live my power in the world
and you.

No comments: