Powered By Blogger

Surrealist Doodle

Surrealist Doodle
This was used as the cover of Karawane in 2006 and I have included it in on a number of bags and postcards over the years. Someone on the subway asked me if it was a Miro. I was very flattered!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Been so long! But I'm back.

It's been a long time since I've posted here and much has happened to me, including:

  • a new relationship and the subsequent rethinking of my long-term relationship
  • a nervous breakdown or possibly a mini-stroke that affected my doctoral preliminary exams and left me unable to type, or even write or have a thought for a while. I spent this past summer trying to recuprate (and I am still recovering a little bit)
  • the death of a very close friend of mine this past October, someone I had known for over 20 years, a passionate member of the Greens the whole time I knew her and a scooter enthusiast, who died of cancer, followed by
  • the death of my mother just before Thanksgiving, also from cancer.
I may write about these in the future, but for now, I just wanted to give a heads up on why it's been a year and a half since I've written. I'm going to try to post something at least once a month here. I have SOOOOO much backlogged writing, including notes on my dissertation, papers/articles for class, and some book reivews that I'm writing for a class right now. So watch for those in the coming days and weeks. Mostly, I am just hungry to get back to writing all the time like I did before I went to graduate school and got burned out, which I may also write about. I have a lot to say, just not many words left to say it with! (Video killed the radio star. Graduate school killed the writer. Well, not the same number of syllables. I'll have to work on it. How about grad school made a slacker of me . . . that's kind of close, huh?)

Ok, kids, see you soon. I'm going to post something else right now.

No comments: