Powered By Blogger

Surrealist Doodle

Surrealist Doodle
This was used as the cover of Karawane in 2006 and I have included it in on a number of bags and postcards over the years. Someone on the subway asked me if it was a Miro. I was very flattered!

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Review of Mina Loy on Goodreads

The Lost Lunar Baedeker: Poems of Mina LoyThe Lost Lunar Baedeker: Poems of Mina Loy by Mina Loy

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mina Loy was an early feminist and an avant-garde poet and writer. This book features Loy's amazing poetry as well as her manifestos on futurism and feminism. My favorite poem is Songs to Johannes. It is basically just an edifying book for any woman working in the avant-garde who has been led to believe that the avant-garde had been a largely male domain until the 1960s. As more and more collections of poetry and biographies emerge on Loy, Baronness Elsa, and a host of other women, our contributions to the avant-garde and to poetry and art in general are being acknowledged and our stories told.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the valuablе info уou pгovide in уour
artiсleѕ. I'll boοkmаrk your
blog and chесk again here frequеntly. I am
quite sure Ӏ'll learn lotѕ of new stuff right here!
Best оf luck for the next!

Vіsіt my website; divorce

Fluffy Singler said...

You know, I don't think I ever saw your comment! I hope that you have been checking back and that it has been valuable to you!!